As cities around the world evolve, we always see Dubai leading the pack. Usually, as cities progress, opportunities get unlocked. In Dubai’s case, this is especially true with the recently announced Dubai 2040 Master Plan. Investors, companies, professionals, skilled workers, engineering consultants in Dubai, and other individuals who want to be part of the city’s innovative engineering and construction industry now have great opportunities ahead of them. Dubai has gone a long way on the journey of sustainability and innovation and has proven to the world that the capability of a country determined to succeed has a significant impact on its future endeavors and goals.
Recently, the Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan - the seventh development plan since 1960 - was announced. The plan is beyond every possible imagination, and it is expected to completely transform everything about Dubai.
What Is the Dubai Urban Master Plan 2040?
It is a comprehensive view of what Dubai will look like in the near future, specifically in the year 2040. It is designed to make Dubai a world-class city with the best quality of lifestyle while providing the highest possible standards of urban infrastructure and facilities. This plan is said to be aligned with the vision of the UAE for the next five decades, focusing on enhancing people’s happiness and quality of life. It also emphasizes strengthening the competitiveness of the city to strengthen its reputation as a global destination by providing a wide range of lifestyle and investment opportunities for citizens, residents, and visitors in the next two decades.
What Does the Plan Entail?
The massive plan has a detailed strategy, taking into consideration ways to enhance the economy and transform Dubai into a global destination. Here are the main ideas included in Dubai 2040:
- Dubai’s urban districts will see great development with new projects focusing on health, safety, and inclusion.
- Resources will be utilized in an efficient manner to accomplish a ‘green’ approach.
- 60% of the entire area of Dubai will be dedicated to nature reserves and natural spaces.
- Public parks will double in size.
- Hotels and tourist areas will increase by 134% in 2040.
- The area for commercial services in Dubai will have an additional 168 sq. km. of land.
- Sustainable mobility in Dubai will be developed tremendously by connections between residential communities and service areas; this will include bicycle and walking lanes and easy access to means of transportation.
- The land dedicated to education and health services and facilities will increase by 25%.
- Public beaches will undergo a major upgrade by 2040 with an increase in their total length by 400%.
- A legislation and planning governance model will be developed.
- The Hatta Development Plan is part of Dubai 2040, which includes promoting tourism to Dubai’s favorite destination for outdoor activities while protecting its natural environment.
Which Areas are Included in the Dubai 2040 Plan?
The development plan will cover specific areas of the emirate, including:
- Business Bay
- Bur Dubai
- Dubai Marina
- Expo 2020 Centre
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Centre.
What Are the Expected Achievements of the Dubai Master Plan 2040?
Here are the expected achievements once the plan is complete:
- The number of residents in Dubai will increase to 5.8 million, from 3.3 million in 2020.
- The daytime population in the emirate will reach 7.8 million in 2040, compared to 4.5 million in 2020.
- The economy will receive a much bigger boost, and investors will be attracted to various new sectors in the emirate.
- The Dubai 2040 sustainability plan encourages more sustainable housing complexes in future projects, which will attract more residents to Dubai.
- Dubai’s urban districts, highlighting the emirate’s heritage and culture, will be protected.
With the Dubai EXPO 2020 site awaiting its grand opening this year, and looking forward to welcoming 190 participating countries and millions of visitors from across the globe in the latter part of 2021, Dubai is set to become a leading urban center of the future. The Dubai 2040 Urban Master Plan will continue to promote exhibitions and events at EXPO as well as Dubai Silicon Oasis Center, acting as an incubator of knowledge, innovation, and advanced technologies to attract the best talents and minds.
The future is looking as bright as ever for Dubai. With a plan of this magnitude, the road has been paved for Dubai to cement its place as the best city on the planet. It is apparent that the economy as well the demographics are maturing, and with the new local laws being introduced, expatriates now have opportunities like never before. This pioneering plan will bring new opportunities to homeowners looking to retire in Dubai, as well as to those looking to make investments with the potential to generate high regular rental yields.